Saturday, January 12, 2008

Denee Barr Art News and More

I work in the medium of photography and whether I translate my work via traditional darkroom or digital methods I have skill in the visual dynamic via any method conceived, captured and presented by me. Dark room chemistry vs. electronic chips their just tools. Makes no difference to me what tools I have available to work with for I decide the evolution of my artwork just like artists working in other mediums.


Denee Barr








The Art of Photography Exhibition at Millennium Arts Salon
Denee Barr, Barbara Blanco, Hank Ferrand, Adrienne Mills, Jonathan French, Adrienne Mills, Michael Parker, and Michael Platt
Millennium Arts Salon (MAS) in Washington, DC
www.millenniumartssalon.org
(202) 319-8898

January 12

Exhibition: The Art of Photography, featuring local Washington-Baltimore artists and photographers. On View, Saturdays Jan 12 through Feb 29,
1-5pm or by appointment (FREE)
Artists Talk, The Art of Photography exhibition
(5-7 p.m. FREE)

Feb 2
Scholars Speak: Dr. Deborah Willis, The Art of Photography (6-8 p.m.)
Deborah Willis is Professor of Photography and Imaging at New York University, Tisch School of the Arts. She has pursued a dual professional career as an art photographer and a historian of African American photography and curator of African American culture. Dr. Willis’ salon talk provides insights on photography as an art form and comments on the exhibition on view at MAS.

No comments: