Arts on Foot Festival 2007
Saturday, September 15th
Downtown DC's Penn Quarter
Marking its 15th anniversary, Arts on Foot is a one-day, multimedia Festival that kicks off the fall arts season in Downtown DC’s Penn Quarter. Incorporating visual art, music, theatre, dance, film, and creative cuisine, it’s an interactive celebration the whole family will enjoy. With a lively outdoor street festival as its centerpiece, Arts on Foot also invites you to explore the neighborhood’s museums, theaters, galleries, cultural organizations, and shops. From traditional classics to cutting edge, Arts on Foot offers something for the arts and food lover in everyone!
Outdoor Festival, 8th and F Streets, NW:
(Metro: Gallery Pl - Chinatown)
- Browse the diverse works of 70 local artisans in the juried Art Market
- Sample fine cuisine from more than 30 of Penn Quarter’s top restaurants
- Taste international wines at the new World Market® Wine Tent
- Watch DC’s premier chefs demonstrate their culinary talents
- Participate in cool, hands-on arts and crafts activities in the Cultural Corridor
- Enjoy an eclectic blend of live local entertainment on the Music Stage
Pennsylvania Avenue to L Street, NW, 4th and 14th streets, NW
Metro: Metro Center, Federal Triangle, Mt. Vernon Sq/7th St-Convention Center, Gallery Pl-Chinatown, Archives-Navy Mem’l-Penn Quarter, or Judiciary Sq.
More than 45 neighborhood venues, performing companies, and neighborhood businesses and organizations host free activities and exhibits.
- Attend preview events and tour the Shakespeare Theatre Company’s Sidney Harman Hall, Washington’s brand new, state-of-the-art performance center
- Catch dance and theater performances from improv to belly dance, stage combat to musical theater, comedy to satire
- See multiple film screenings, view special exhibits
- Participate in demonstrations, classes and workshops
- Take guided neighborhood and backstage tours for rarely-seen theater experiences
- Go jam on new musical instruments or listen to the music
Arts on Foot is an event enthusiastically embraced by the whole community! Be sure to check out these participating organizations and businesses offering arts-related programming or fine cuisine all day, and in most cases, all year long!
Art Market of 70+ Artists
Canadian Embassy • DC Shorts Film Festival • Ford’s Theatre • Goethe-Institut • Koshland Science Museum • National Archives • National Building Museum • National Cherry Blossom Festival • National Museum of Women in the Arts • National Portrait Gallery • Prison Arts Foundation • Shakespeare Theatre • Textile Museum • The Theatre Lab • Utrecht Art Supplies • Washington Improv Theatre • Washington Stage Guild • Washington Youth Choir • Woolly Mammoth Theatre
701 Restaurant • Acadiana • Aria Trattoria • Austin Grill • Butterfield 9 •The Capital Grille • Ceiba • Charlie Palmer's Grille • Chef Geoff’s Downtown • Clyde’s of Gallery Place • Cowgirl Creamery • D’Acqua • District ChopHouse & Brewery • Finemondo • Finn & Porter • Gordon Biersch • IndeBleu • Jaleo • La Tasca • McCormick & Schmick’s • Occidental • Oceanaire Seafood Room • Old Ebbitt Grill • Oya • Oyamel • Poste Brasserie • PS 7’s • Rasika • Ristorante Luigino • Ristorante Tosca • Rosa Mexicano • TenPenh • Zengo
World Market Wine Tent
Bodega Cantena Zapata • Bodegas Toso • Fabre Montmayou • Icon Estates • Santa Carolina • World Market Private Label • Click Wine Group
American Immigration Law Center • Apartment Zero •Artifactory • Aveda Institute DC • Bead Museum DC • Canadian Embassy • Capital Fringe Festival • Civilian Art Projects • Cultural Tourism DC • E Street Cinema • Flashpoint Gallery • First Trinity Lutheran Church • Goethe-Institut • Historical Society of Washington • Madia Withers Dance • Construction Company • MLK, Jr. Memorial Library • Motophoto Penn Quarter • National Archives • National Building Museum • National Gallery of Art • National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial • National Music Center • National Portrait Gallery • National Theatre • Olsson’s Books and Records • Pavilion at the Old Post Office • Pua • Sahara Dance • Shakespeare Theatre Company • Smithsonian American Art Museum • Sol y Soul • TICKETplace • Touchstone Gallery • United States Navy Memorial • Utrecht Art Supplies • Warehouse Theater & Gallery • Warner Theatre • Washington Convention Center • WPA/ Corcoran • Weschler’s Auctioneers • Woolly Mammoth Theatre Company • Zenith Gallery • Zenith Alternative Artspace
Make Art a Lifestyle-------------------------------------------------Denee