Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Denee Barr Art News and More




First Roses of Summer, Columbia, Maryland
c Denee Barr 2003 All Rights Reserved



In 2003, I won a Maryland State Arts Council Individual Artist Award Grant for artistic excellence in photography. In 2004, the MSAC chose to honor the 2003 photography grant winners with an exhibition entitled Photography X 8 at the James Backus Gallery (see photo above). I chose to exhibit three unique photos from my rose series featuring roses from my summer garden and dried red roses from a bouquet that were presented to my mother for Mother's Day a few years prior. Eventually this series was expanded into a solo exhibition entitled Variation on Dried Red Roses by Denee Barr and that installation debuted in 2005 at the Columbia Art Center in Columbia, Maryland.


Make Art a Lifestyle..............................Denee

No comments: